Saturday, October 5, 2013

The Freedom of Being Single

This summer, I stayed in London for a month. For me, it was the most awesome thing that had ever happenend to me. I got to go and visit everything I wanted, I met great people, and I enjoyed a LOT. I guess I could say it was the best trip of my (short) life.

While being there, I realised that I was single and that I was really fine with it. In fact, I was glad I was single. I could walk around beautiful London, stay with friends until whatever time I wanted, make plans, change them, and visit whatever I wanted to visit. I didn't have to send texts or check my emails or meet with anyone if I didn't feel like it. I didn't have to count on anyone but me. Now, don't get me wrong, I do believe it is great to have a partner to share all these experiences, to cuddle, to feel loved...

But the thing is... I was completely free. No worries. No problems. No nothing. Just me and the world.

For the first time in a long time, I was actually glad that I didn't have a boyfriend.


No comments:

Post a Comment